Kat’s Impossible “Flourless” Waffles
What better way to start your weekend morning than with some gluten-free, paleo friendly flourless waffles. These waffles are super simple to whip up and you’ll be quickly on your way to waffle heaven!
- 5 medium organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic heavy cream or full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 5 1/2 tbsp organic butter, melted and slightly cooled to warm
- 1/3 cup ground chia seeds or Salba (can be found at Vitamin Shoppe)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- Combine eggs, cream, and butter in bowl with shisk or hand mixer
- Combine chia seeds (or salba), salt, and baking powder in seperate bowl with fork. Gradually whisk into egg mixture. Allow batter to sit for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour dollops into well-heated and buttered stove top or electric griddle or waffle iron (follow waffle iron directions; some do not require greasing). Fry pancakes until bubbles form at edges, flip, and cook until golden brown on bottom.
- Serve with fresh strawberries or other fruit